RC here! This weekend I am taking off to Austin for the 2014 Austin City Limits Festival! It is a 3-day outdoor fest in the heart of the city at Zilker Park. Check out what I'm packing + who I can't wait to see....!
What I'm Wearing
Easy, minimalist styles are my thing. The less components the better! A sun dress, breezy romper and a tank + denim combo are what I will be packing. My Chaser Bralette is my lifeline! Being petite, staying covered on top can be difficult. This bralette is super cute and also guarantees no accidental flashy-flashy. My denim of choice is my pair of Level 99 Cropped Lilys in Cache. The PERFECT denim! pssst- back to being petite, these crops are the perfect pant length on me ;) I'm pairing mine with my favorite Spiritual Gangster tank (from Bunky).
Accessories in tow:
(1) Hamsa Necklace + Pyrite & Agate Necklace + Inspiration Bracelets + Simple Brass Bangles + Sunnies (all from Bunky Boutique)
(2) Amethyst Mala Necklace + Druzy Bands (double as hair ties!!) + Sunnies (all from Bunky Boutique)
(3) Fabric Headband + Wood Tassel Bracelets + World Traveler cross-body bag (frees up my jazz hands)
Plan of Attack
F r i d a y
Temples, Chvrches, Sam Smith, a Childish-Gambino-or-Foster-The-People decision, Glitch Mob, and Outkast!
S a t u r d a y
Empires, Polica, Interpol or The Head and the Heart (?!), gettin' hyphy between Icona Pop and Iggy Azalea, Lana Del Rey (YES), Major Lazer & ending the night with Eminem!
S u n d a y
AFI, Jhene Aiko, Fitz & The Tantrums, Phantogram, Chromeo AKA the most fun band to see live! Then a little taste of Calvin Harris before Pearl Jam!!
Did I mention we're driving?...
- SPF! Outdoor fests = a whole lotta sun. I started using Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream this summer and have totally fallen for the stuff. It is a tinted moisturizer + spf 18 so it allows me to go easy on the makeup while keeping my face safe.
- I always have my mini Aveda Stress-Fix Lotion with me. Aside from soothing dry skin, the lavender scent has a beautiful calming effect, perfect for hours in the car.
- SNAAACKS! I'm all about the snacks. I will have oats + a jar of peanut butter in tow for breakfasts and snacking on the fly. Fresh fruit is a must; apples, bananas and grapes are my travel jam. I am also totally hooked on Quest Bars! They are the perfect snack with protein + fiber and come in awesome flavors like chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies & cream mmm.
- Lyft App. I've been on a recent Lyft binge. I love the simplicity of summoning a cab to my exact location (Phoenix is NOT New York when it comes to cabs) plus the rates are SO reasonable. I plan on using this a lot in Austin to check out the town outside of the festival.
- My mat! I always bring my yoga mat along with me on trips. Sometimes I make it to a studio, sometimes it gets rolled out at the foot of my bed. Exercise is not easy to come by while traveling, but being able to stretch it out on my ratty familiar mat makes me feel at ease.
Are you going to any end of season Music Fests? What are you bringing? Let's chat!!