Things are popping off in our neighborhood this weekend! Swing by events in the area and make sure to visit us for a coffee at Giant while you browse our new arrivals!
- 'Exploding Plastic Inevitable' at the Phoenix Art Museum. Friday, March 6th 6-10pm
FREE exhibit party for the release of the Andy Warhol exhibit in the Phoenix Art Museum. Live and local art, and music will take place including interpretations inspired by Warhol.
- First Friday at Heritage Square. Friday March 6th 6-9pm
Schedule this stop into your First Friday route. $3 gets you a teaser tour of the Rosson House Museum's 1st floor and a special viewing of Heritage Square's exhibit "Victorian Secrets: A Glimpse of the Unmentionable." What is better than victorian undergarments?
- Blues Blast Festival at Hance Park. Saturday, March 7th
Come out and enjoy laid back blues music outdoors this Saturday. The lineup includes local harmonica player Rick Estrin and the Nightcats, The Plateros, The BluesHounds, R.D. Olson Blues Band, and Steve Rush.
- Artlink Art Detour. 5 E Roosevelt Street. Saturday and Sunday March 7th-8th 11am-5pm.
From visitphoenix.com... "Art Detour, the first event to link the downtown Phoenix arts community, returns for its 27th year. The two-day celebration invites residents and visitors to meet the artists, arts entrepreneurs and businesses that contribute to a thriving downtown Phoenix. Artlink, Inc. produces the event in partnership with its "Articipants"---downtown Phoenix arts districts and destinations that participate in and contribute to the arts community."
- Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair and Market. Saturday-Sunday, March 7th-8th 9:30am-5pm and 9:30am-4pm, respectively.
Meet and observe American Indian artists at work on everything from pottery and basket weaving to jewelry making and katsina doll carving. Works will be available for purchase, and there will be live music as well as art and cooking demonstrations.
- Devoured Culinary Classic Phoenix at the Phoenix Art Museum, Saturday & Sunday, March 7th-8th
If you were lucky enough to snatch up tickets to this year's Devoured weekend (or get one of the last Sunday VIP tix), get ready to partake in the city's ultimate food and bev event! Get there early, hydrate, pace yourself, stay a while, and enjoy! Yum!